Art book finished – but – not a work of art

My book has now got a cover and has been sewn together – AND –  I have learnt what to do differently next time.

As the front cover is partly made of fabric I decided to use eyelets in the holes to stop fraying and had to enlarge the hole I had made first – and alter my choice of string. I was going to use a fine paper string, but it now looked too thin for the book. I soon regretted using the eyelets – but that cannot be altered. You live and learn.

The thin tracing paper also managed to escape the first sewing so I had to start over again. I do, though, like the fact that the pages are of different qualities and not exactly the same size, bits stick out and look interesting, giving the book a handmade look.

The title “A mano”, meaning by hand, refers to my making the book, the hand written letters and envelopes and the graffiti from Verona.

Skriv et svar

Udfyld dine oplysninger nedenfor eller klik på et ikon for at logge ind:

WordPress.com Logo

Du kommenterer med din WordPress.com konto. Log Out /  Skift )

Google+ photo

Du kommenterer med din Google+ konto. Log Out /  Skift )

Twitter picture

Du kommenterer med din Twitter konto. Log Out /  Skift )

Facebook photo

Du kommenterer med din Facebook konto. Log Out /  Skift )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.